Image Map

Feature & Follow Friday (#3)

3/08/2013


The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read.


This weeks Question:

What is a book you didn’t like that all your friends raved about or what book did you love that wasn’t popular?



Well my friends don't read the same books I do, so I'm going with books that were very popular at Goodreads or what appear popular on blogs.

Books I Don't Like:

The first book that comes to mind that most people loved, but I kind of hated was Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine, #1) by Ransom Riggs Yes, the pictures were cool and I liked how they worked with the story, but man I kind of hated the book.  I thought it dragged and there was one aspect that grossed me out and I just couldn't get my brain to move past it.  I thought there were major flaws in the story.  Other include: The Evernight Series, The House of Night series, The Alphas by Lisi Harrison, James Patterson's books (Witch & Wizard, Teen Detective Series), Tera Lynn Childs's books (Oh. My. Gods., Fins).  Those are the books I can think of.

Books I Love:

On the flip side of that, the books that stand out for me that I loved but others had mixed feelings about: Playing Hurt by Holly Schindler, Love and Other Parishable Items/Good Oil by Laura Buzo, Not That Kind Of Girl by Sioban Vivian, The Princess Diary Books by Meg Cabot, and the A List Series by Zoey Dean (total guilty pleasure).






15 comments:

  1. I like some books in your hate list, (well, I regret reading Marked. Ugh) but every reader is different. :)

    Thanks for sharing! I will definitely add your 'love' books to my TBR.
    New follower via GFC!
    My FF

    -Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting list! I've read Marked and didn't care for that either. Your other list doesn't really contain faves either. I can't think of books I read and loved that other people didn't like.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Peregrine's was such a disappointment. and I met Ransom last week in a signing event, and he was so cool, unlike his book. LOL

    New GFC follower here.
    my FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally with you on Evernight and Marked. Especially Marked. Zoey was such a slut. LMAOOO.


    New follower via GFC.

    Check out my FF:
    http://happy-in-between.blogspot.ca/2013/03/feature-and-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list ;D

    Old follower

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Camelle @ home of a booklover

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Marked and first it seemed okay though I always hated the mc but after a few books i just left off.
    new gfc follower :)
    here's our FF

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also really didn't like the Forgive My Fins Series. I felt shallow to me.
    old follower
    my F&F
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/03/friday-56-24-follow-friday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through. I adored Princess Diaries. So cute. Although the series did lose its way towards the end, IMO. New follower!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't find Miss Peregrine's peculiar children to be all that. I enjoyed the book but won't be reading the next ones :-)

    New follower.- This is my FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to read Miss Peregrine's book, because of the pictures. I have heard great things about Love and other perishable things, but it's not really my thing.

    FF - Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower!

    Yeah, I also thought Miss Peregrine's Home was a let down.

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/03/follow-friday_8.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. New follower... and you know... I've never read any of these books 0_0

    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2013/03/feature-and-follow-friday-139.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've not read most of these, but I used to be a massive fan of the Princess Diaries books. I held out hope I was secretly a princess for a long time because of those books lol
    I'm a new GFC follower (#99, so close to 100!), here's my FF at Rookie Romance

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good picks! I once tried to read Evernight but failed...

    I'm your 100th follower!!!
    Emily @ Counting in Bookcases

    http://countinginbookcases.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW!!! I think this calls for a giveaway, I just have to figure out how to do that.

      Delete