Image Map

Feature & Follow Friday (#7)

4/05/2013


The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read.


This week's Question:

Q:  Have you ever read a book that you thought you would hate — ? Did you end up hating it? Did you end up loving it? Or would you never do that?


I don't know if I ever read a book I thought I would hate.  Maybe a long time ago while I was in school.  I know there were some books I had to read that always stuck with me, such as Catcher in the Rye, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Odyssey, and many others.  With those I don't know if I remember them so well because we spent so much time breaking them down and writing papers on them that they became permanently etched in my brain or if I remember them because they were good. The Odyssey I thought I would hate, but still didn't like it much even after I finished it.  Even the books I loved, such as To Kill a Mockingbird, by time the unit was done I hated the book.

In my adult life, I kind of look at it as nobody is forcing me to read anything, so I would never pick up a book I thought I would hate.


7 comments:

  1. Same here. I choose carefully my books.
    Old follower. Here is my FF http://between-my-lines.blogspot.gr/2013/04/feature-and-follow-8-books-expectations.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way, if I think I'll hate a book I don't bother picking it up :)

    New follower on BlogLovin

    Katja @ YA's the Word or
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/2247039

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post :) I've had to read so many books at school, and ended up doing so many projects and tests on the books that I just ended up hating them which is a shame. New follower :)

    Amber
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why I sometimes hate reading books for LIT class. They make you overanaliyse every little thing and it makes you so sick of the book, even if its a great book.
    Old follower
    my F&F
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/friday-56-26-feature-friday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have to read To Kill a Mockingbird. :)
    New Follower via GFC!
    Nice blog. =)

    My FF: http://bookaddictbieke.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  6. True, with nearly every single book I was forced to read, I hated it!

    My only exception--which I didn't mention in my post because school reads don't really compute to me as my "reads"--was The Count of Monte Cristo! Totally bizarre since it nothing supernatural in it--which was my reading of choice even back in 12th grade--and yet I loved every moment of it! Even to the point of buying the non-abridged version that summer and reading it again!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete