Image Map

"Waiting On" Wednesday (#18) Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins

6/26/2013

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm picking:
Rebel Belle (Untitled Series #1) by



From Goodreads: 
Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.

Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him--and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth.

With snappy banter, cotillion dresses, non-stop action and a touch of magic, this new young adult series from bestseller Rachel Hawkins is going to make y'all beg for more.


Why I'm Waiting:
This is so newly released they haven't even come up with a name for the series!  I can't wait for this book. Seriously.  There are so many reasons why: It looks awesome, I love Rachel Hawkins, and it's about a badass southern girl.  Just to name a few.  What more could you ask for?  And I LOVE the name Harper.  Just writing about this books is making me squee. This week, I really, really can't wait for the book to come out.


5 comments:

  1. this one is new to me great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for this one, too. I just added it to my TBR a couple of days ago. This sounds really fun and I do love the name Harper as well. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just added this to my TBR pile! Love how this one sounds!

    My WoW

    Ally @ Book Fixation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel Hawkins is hilarious! Can't wait for this one either!

    ReplyDelete