Image Map

Teaser and Top Ten Tuesday (#34) (11/12/13)

11/12/2013


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 




From pg. 15

I feel like everything inside me is vibrating with energy, in anticipation of what is to come.  I am free.


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
 

Top Ten Covers I Wish I Could Redesign

They usually do fix the covers for the paperback versions of books thank goodness.  I have seen some really bad covers that leaves me with no interest in reading the book, and I have read books where I picked up the book despite of the cover.  Here are the top 10 worst covers I have seen.

 Coda (Coda #1) by


Glow (Sky Chasers #1) by


 More Than This by


Social Suicide (Deadly Cool #2) by


 The Testing (The Testing #1) by


The Way We Fall (Fallen World #1) by


Wild Awake by

It's the colors on this book that leaves me completely uninterested.  I hate the color combination.



Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss #1) by


Bloodlines (Bloodlines #1) by


Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy #1) by

Another series that I love where the covers suck.  This is actually the best of the bunch.  The rest are just horrible.  It makes me sad, because you could do so many awesome things with these covers.









6 comments:

  1. I have never seen several of these covers, but most of them are very boring. It is funny that you listed Anna and The French Kiss. I actually listed Isla because I liked the original covers better than the new ones. Bloodlines has been on my TBR list for a LONG time. The reason I probably haven't read it yet probably has a lot to do with the cover.

    Here is my TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2013/11/top-ten-tuesday-covers-i-wish-i-could.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost added Anna to my list as well, but I love the new covers :D The first cover just didn't suit it well at all. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally won't read a book with a bad cover either :)
    Here's my Teaser Tuesday Black and Blue by Gena Showalter
    Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! I really need to get my hands on Allegiant soon. Hope you're enjoying it!

    Here's my teaser at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, I never realized how big the faces were on the VA books and Bloodlines! Still love reading them though! Seeing a lot of Anna today. And I have yet to read Jennifer's YA series but I have the first 4 in my TBR pile. I do kind of like this first one but mostly because of that little gargoyle in the corner! Weird, I know!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some really awful covers you've picked! That cover of Glow is so unbelievably dull, much prefer the one I have. Also the UK cover of the Testing was a lot more interesting. Boring book covers are the worst, makes me not want to read the book. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete