Image Map

Top Ten Tuesday (#61) (07/15/14)

7/15/2014


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
 
Top Ten Favorite Movies or TV Shows


I am going with all time here, since I don't watch much TV right now.  I don't do as much reading either, so I'm not sure where my time is going.  Narrowing this down was HARD.  I think it's also telling that many of these were based on books.



Top 5 TV Shows

Yes, I'm still the person who watches this show.  I have loved it since the beginning, and I love it still.  Even when it drives me nuts.

I love the stories, the actors, and just about everything about this series.

So much of this show is now ingrained into American life and vocabulary.  The influence of this show is endless.  And it's hilarious.


There were some bad episodes, but in general, I adore this show.  The show is a giant love letter to NYC, one of my favorite cities in the world.

I am combining these because they had a lot of similarities, although they were both totally unique.  I love them equally, so I couldn't pick one over the other.  If you want your shows gritty and real, check these out.  Also I highly encourage reading Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets.  Amazing.

Top 5 movies

Looking at this list, clearly, I like movies from the 90's.  Little Mermaid revolutionized Disney movies, but this one took my heart.  The animation during the ball room dance scene, particularly the "shot" from above, was nothing short of amazing.

I quote this movie on a regular basis STILL.  I almost died laughing the first time I saw it.

This was a REALLY good year for movies.  This is another one that is particularly quotable.  I also loved how well the story lines were weaved together.

You know those movies that are on TV so much that you just have to stop and watch, no matter how many times you've seen it?  This is my movie.  The book of short stories by Stephen King which it's based on is equally as memorable.

I don't know why I love this movie so much but I do.  The best part is that for something that was so trendy it has totally stood the test of time.  I still want to wear 1/2 of Cher's outfits.  Love this movie. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay Beauty and the Beast!! One of my all time fave Disney movies!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawshank Redemption is one of my favorite movies as well! My dad and I watch it together anytime it's on TV :)

    ReplyDelete