Image Map

Top Ten Tuesday (#74) (12/23/14) Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing This Year

12/23/2014


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

 

Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing This Year


This is actually really hard for me, because as I have mentioned before, I have so many books I can't fit them on all the bookshelves I currently have in my house. They are (neatly) stacked in bags, boxes, and crates.  My basement is flooded with books, and every time I go to a conference, my husband just groans because he knows that means more books in the house.  That being said, here are the books I wouldn't mind adding to my collection, ideally in ebook form.



I missed out on the ARC at ALA this past summer, and missed out on the finished copy at NCTE this year.  I feel like I am destined not to have a copy of this book.  Although looking at the reviews, I don't know that I'm missing much.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18053135-ignite-me

I've already read this, but I just need to add the hardcover to my collection to have the matching set.  I may pick up a copy along the way somewhere, but as of right now, there is a hole where this book should live.


Same reason as Ignite Me.  It would mean I have a matching set, although this cover does not match the other books I have.



Another ARC I missed out on at ALA.  I was busy with going to sessions, and I just didn't have time to stand in the long lines. I didn't read her last series, so I swore I was going to read this one, no such luck so far.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11387507-graffiti-moon



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17375024-my-faire-lady?ac=1

This book looked adorable, and yet I never saw much about it.  I somehow never got a copy, and would love to read it.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16151178-the-sea-of-tranquility?ac=1

Another of those books that I don't own that looks amazing.  For some reason I never got around to getting a copy of this, even though it has awesome reviews.


I've been wanting to read this one, maybe if I owned it, I would actually get around to reading it.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12842134-just-one-year?ac=1

I didn't love this book.  It wasn't what I wanted it to be, but I can still appreciate the beautiful writing, and the well developed characters.  I own everything that Gayle Forman has written, so I need to add this one to my collection.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5203369-you-are-here

One of the few Jennifer E. Smith books I don't own or haven't read.  I'm sure I'll pick up a copy of this at some point, I just don't know when.




5 comments:

  1. OOh nice! I loved Ignite Me! At least you read that one! I still need to read Atlantia but hearing a lot of mixed things on it! Hope Santa comes through for you for some of these, if not all!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so looking forward to Atlantia but I've seen so many crappy reviews of it now I don't know what to think. Graffiti Moon sounds interesting. I hadn't heard of that one before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choices! I've already read Isla and it's lovely. Also, I would love to get Gayle Forman's book, as it seems to be good:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. I love Foreman. I didn't realize Condie had a new series. here's my wishlist

    Also, I still have my $30 giveaway going. Maybe I can help you get some of these on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Young Elites is amazing! I hope you get it and enjoy it! Isla is on my TBR list. I just received Anna and the French Kiss earlier this week.

    ReplyDelete